IS THE PUPPY STILL AVAILABLE?
Any dog/puppy that is listed on our website, Petfinder, Adopt a Pet, or RescueMe.org is still available for adoption. If we have approved an application and received a deposit, the puppy will be marked adoption pending.
CAN I COME PICK OUT A PUPPY ?
When we rescue puppies they are quarantined for 3 weeks so we can evaluate their health. You can not meet our puppies until they are out of quarantine and you must have an approved application. However many puppies may already have a deposit and may not be available.
HOW MUCH IS THE DEPOSIT TO HOLD A PUPPY?
A deposit will hold your puppy until you can pick it up when it reaches 8 weeks of age or older. $50 will hold your puppy, and we will mark the puppy adoption pending and stop taking applications. You can pay via PayPal once your application is approved. If you come on adoption day and decide not to adopt your deposit will be refunded. We will not hold puppies without a deposit.
WHAT IS YOUR ADOPTION CRITERIA FOR PUPPIES?
1) We rarely adopt to renters. We have this policy because owner surrenders are the highest with renters. Renters are at the mercy of their landlords. If the dog barks or disturbs other residents the landlord may demand the dog leaves. When tenants move not all landlords accept pets, and many dogs are surrendered to shelters because the owner could not take the dog.
2) We don’t adopt puppies to households with children under the age of 5
3) We will only adopt puppies to families who have the time to socialize and train the puppy. Puppies need to be let out every 2-3 hours for exercise, companionship , and potty training.
4) We will require a secure physical fence at least 4 feet high. We always look for the best fit…. And consider many other factors
5) We are very careful and hesitant on placing a puppy in a home with other dogs… We will require a meet and greet. We will not place a puppy in a home with multiple pets.
DO YOU ADOPT OUT OF STATE?
We will adopt out of state on a case-by-case basis…. In most circumstances, we will only adopt to neighboring states. We do not ship dogs.