Help us save them ! .... Foster Homes needed !
The availability of dog meat is widespread in Asia. After learning about the horrors of the dog meat trade in Asian Countries S.A.D wanted to try and help in any way we could. Dogs are tortured…then skinned , boiled and grilled alive for dog soup and other tasty Asian dishes. They have “puppy soup” where puppies are boiled alive.
- Thailand’s dog meat trade has effectively ended. In Thailand, undercover investigators continue to monitor for signs of the trade re-emerging. Many dogs now roam the busy streets of Thailand that are starving and many are hit by cars.
- In Vietnam, approximately 5 million dogs are slaughtered each year for human consumption. Many are transported over the border from Thailand
- In South Korea dogs are farmed for human consumption. On the ground rescue organizations are working with senior government officials to enact stronger animal welfare laws with the ultimate aim of banning the dog meat industry. By turning public opinion against dog meat consumption and the farming of dogs, and by keeping up pressure on lawmakers to make the industry illegal, we hope to see the dog meat trade in South Korea shut down for good.
- In China, activists are working on the ground to rescue, medically treat, and care for hundreds of dogs saved from the country’s dog meat trade and the notorious Yulin dog meat festival.
- The current situation is that millions of dogs are slaughtered, and tortured every year for their dog meat.
Why do we rescue dogs from Asia?
We rescue dogs from our own backyard, other states, and overseas if necessary. It is hard enough to accept that innocent dogs are killed every day in U.S. shelters; however, it is even harder to accept when dogs are tortured and killed inhumanely where animal welfare laws are nonexistent or not enforced. Our rescue is not limited by boundaries. We are limited by funds and transportation. We rescue where our hearts lead us. These dogs have little hope if they are not adopted to the U.S. or other countries.