Before Submitting an Application
Please Read this Important Information
In order to meet a dog/puppy you must submit an application and be approved
- You will first be required to complete our online adoption application. Once received you will receive an email from S.A.D. with a link to log into our management system. There you can track the progress of your application.
- All initial contact will be through email, please do not call our office for the status of your application.
- We require that all pets in the home be spayed/neutered unless there are health reasons that can be verified with the vet.
- With all applications we do a background search, we may contact your references and/or your veternarian, request photos, and do a home visit.
- For adult dogs we will arrange a meeting with the foster parent for you to meet and play with your pet of choosing. We have foster homes throughout the state of Indiana
- We always approve an application that has the BEST fit..not the first application we receive.
- We require a fenced in yard 99% of the time. If you don’t have a physical fence we make exceptions on a case by case basis.
- If the dog has shown signs that it can not be trusted to free roam in your house when no one is there, then we will be looking for an adopter where someone is usually home, such as a retired couple, people that work different shifts or stay at home moms.
- We do not allow any dogs to be crated 8 hrs a day while people are at work
- We don’t usually adopt to renters..it depends on the dog etc. and we will make a determination on a case by case basis.
- We offer Trial Adoptions for Adult dogs so everyone can make sure it is a good fit.